The actual tools we use to communicate and organize and plan/track:
1. Google Docs for maintaining a running to-do list or checklist. For sharing our ideas and developing classes.
2. Google Calendar for keeping our events and personal items in sync. We each have a calendar, which we share with the other and have constantly on. So I can see her appointments, she can see the next event I’ve signed us up for.
4. We use IM mostly during the day – Hangout works the best for us.
5. Gmail/email and labels for tracking of emails related to events or particular subjects – so each event has its own label/folder.
6. TripAdvisor.com for finding things to do at the places we travel to.
7. Google Maps and Garmin for getting us where we need to go.
8. A schedule of chores, things that we try to get done during the week. These are harder to do on short weeks when we’re traveling, but it gives us a framework. So far, it’s been working pretty well.
9. Microsoft Money Deluxe (the free download) and a combination of an Excel spreadsheet with macros and Google Docs sheets to track budget, money, expenditures and planning. I use a plug-in that exports QIF files from Excel to move payments from the planner to Money.